As a consumer, you now have a choice of how you want to pay for good or services with your debit card. Here are the facts about using your debit card for purchases and you decide which works best for you:
PIN-Based Debit Card Transaction Facts:
• A PIN (Personal Identification Number) is used to complete transaction (no signature required).
• Money comes out of your checking account immediately.
• Transaction is just like using cash.
• Some merchants offer the option to get cash back with your purchase.
• Use your card at merchants that only allow PIN-based "DEBIT" transactions such as warehouse stores.
• Transactions are not covered by VISA's Zero Liability* coverage for unauthorized use.
Signature-Based Debit Card Transaction Facts:
• Signature required. Select "CREDIT" when processing transaction.
• Sign for your purchases and receive protection against fraud.
• Cash back option not available.
• Transactions covered by VISA's Zero Liability* coverage for unauthorized use. Any funds taken from your account due to fraudulent use will be returned to you.
Online Debit Card Transaction Facts:
• Using your Debit Card online for purchases as "CREDIT" is covered by VISA's Zero Liability* coverage for unauthorized use. Any funds taken from your account due to fraudulent use will be returned to you.
Don't have a PIN (Personal Identification Number)?
• Contact the Credit Union at 303-832-4816 or 1-800-444-4816 to request a PIN. You'll receive it in the mail within 3-5 business days.
• Or, stop by one of our convenient locations and a Member Representative can re-PIN your debit card.
*VISA's Zero Liability policy covers U.S. -issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by VISA or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify card issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details or visit www.visa.com/security.