See how our values align with yours.
Our goal is to add value to the lives of our members, employees, and the greater community. To do that, we believe in acting a certain way and look to our core values to guide us in every decision we make.
- We are inclusive, friendly, competent and accountable.
- We treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- We identify and provide solutions our members can trust.
- We strive to make decisions in the best interest of our current and future membership.
- We are focused, wisely allocating our resources.
- We actively support the communities we serve.
The benefits of working for CUofCO?
Almost too many to count.
Without you, we cannot deliver the kind of service that our members have come to expect. That’s why it’s important to us to treat our employees well.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for all employees, which includes:
- Medical Plans
In addition, you receive the following Employer Paid Benefits:
- Life and AD&D Insurance: Paid in full by CUofCO, you are covered at 1x’s your annual salary up to a maximum of $200,000
- Short-Term Disability: Paid in full by CUofCO, if you are ill or injured you will receive 66 2/3% of your weekly pay, up to $1,500/week, for 13 weeks
- Long-Term Disability: Paid in full by CUofCO, if you are ill or injured you will receive 60% of your monthly pay, up to $10,000/month
- TeleHealth: Connect with doctors via smartphone, tablet or computer on demand 24/7 or by appointment (covered by the medical plan)
- Travel Assistance Program: When traveling more than 100 miles from home, you and your dependents can receive assistance with pre-trip information, emergency assistance, medical assistance and emergencies transportation services
- Wellness Coaching: Each employee and their household members can utilize up to 4 telephonic coaching sessions per year to help reach individual wellness goals. Sessions are free, confidential, and last 20 to 30 minutes.
We believe in a healthy life/work balance. Many of our positions are hybrid with an 8-day-per-month in-office ask. Then, there are the "Time Off Benefits," which include:
Full-Time (0-5 years) Up to 12 days per year. More as your tenure continues.
- Part-Time (Less than 40 Hours): Vacation accrues based on hours worked and tenure.
- Vacation Sellback: Opportunity to sell back accrued vacation once per calendar year
- Sick Time: Employees earn 1 hour of sick leave for every 30 hours worked (up to 64 hours annually)
- 5-Day Rule: Employees receive, in addition to vacation time, 5 consecutive company-paid days off per year. Sorry, rules are rules!
- Volunteer Time Off: 8 hours per calendar year, plus various Employer sponsored events.
- Holidays: "Banker's hours" are alive & well, with up to 11 annual Federal holidays observed.
- Bereavement Time Off: 5 days paid for immediate family members, including miscarriages, and 3 days paid for non-immediate family members.
We want to make your home-ownership goals a reality...
- 1st Mortgage Refinance Benefits
- Employees are eligible to apply and qualify may receive up to 1.00%* off current rates
- One discount per Mortgage loan product, up to a maximum of 3 (1st, 2nd, and Raw Land)
- Primary occupancy is not a requirement
- Employees can elect to have their rate and/or payment reduced to their qualified loan(s)
- Employee will be required to sign an Employee Loan Rate Reduction Addendum prior to the loan disbursement
- Loan disclosures and documents will reflect the approved note rate and payment, prior to the employee discounts
- First-Time homebuyer consultation is available, contact us at mortgageELB@cuofco.org
- Upon release, fixed-rate HELOC portions will be eligible for a 1% discount on the locked portion
- Minimum credit score req. for 97% /100% purchases realigned to 660 minimum credit scores
- Minimum credit score req. for 97% /100% purchases realigned to 660 minimum credit scores
**Please note if you have an existing 1st mortgage loan with CUofCO and has NOT been contacted - please email mortgageELB@cuofco.org
- Second Mortgage Products
- Put the equity in your home to good use with our Home Equity Line of Credit.
- Utilize a VISA credit card tied to your account, allow you to borrow what you need when you need it, and pay interest only on what you use.
- Rates as low as (Prior to discount) start at 3.5% APR up to 80% of appraised value.
- Existing HELOCs do not need to be refinanced to get a rate reduction from this benefit!
- Fixed-Rate Second Mortgages
- Fixed-rate second mortgage puts cash in your hand immediately to use as you need.
- Ideal uses include things like known remodeling costs, debt consolidation, and even buying a new car.
- Locked in fixed monthly payments.
- Fixed-rate HELOCs are eligible for a 1% discount on the locked portion once the product becomes available.
*The Applicable Federal Rate (AFR) is set by the IRS on any rate discounts to limit tax implications. Loan rates are customized per original loan type, term, balance, and FICO score tier.
- Other Homeowner Benefits
- New 1st Mortgages refinanced from another Financial Institution OR existing CUofCO Mortgages (refinanced for cash out) will have the: $999 origination cost waived.
- Existing first mortgage loans which are refinanced can roll over existing escrow accounts, reducing overall closing costs.
- Existing first mortgage loans will have the option to reduce the rate and payment. without refinancing. Exception: Any loans currently held with an outside investor have alternative options. (You will be contacted if this situation applies to you)
- Existing non-portfolio 1st mortgages will have the ability to refinance and have all fees waived.
- All HELOCs and 2nd Mortgage Loans are offered at NO COST to employees
How about your Retirement?
- CUofCO contributes 5% of your Base Pay to the 401(k) plan. Additionally, CUofCO will match 50% of the first 5% that you contribute, totaling up to a 7.5% match. Vesting occurs gradually reaching 100% after 5 years.
And, there are also these benefits:
- Regenexx: Uses your body’s natural healing agents to replace the need for up to 70% of elective orthopedic surgeries. Your stem cells and blood platelets are concentrated in an on-site lab and injected under image guidance into the location of a specific injury.
- Health Savings Accounts: Set aside pre-tax contributions to help pay for eligible medical expenses. CUofCO contributes annually up to $600 for individuals and up to $1,250 for Family.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Set aside pre-tax contributions to help pay for eligible medical, dental, vision expenses and/or dependent care expenses.
- Supplemental Life Insurance up to $300,000: Available to you, your spouse, and your child(ren).
- Supplemental Benefits: Supplemental group benefits offered at affordable group rates such as Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance, and Personal Insurance (Auto, Motorcycle and/or Home) are also available.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program: Receive reimbursement for eligible education expenses for Associate, Bachelors and Post Graduate Degrees.
- Clothing Credit: You are granted a $55 clothing credit every year to use on credit union apparel.
- Employee Personal Loan: A 0% interest loan for medical and personal hardships. Examples include unanticipated expenses, medical deductibles, fertility treatments, or assisting with child adoption expenses.
- Employee Plus Loan: A 0% interest loan for employee wellness and mental health. Examples include purchasing exercise equipment or a laptop and can also be used to assist with unforeseen expenses.
- Consumer Loan Discount: Employees can receive up to a 1% discount on consumer loans, including new or used vehicle loans. Employees that are approved for the CUofCO Credit Card will receive our lowest published interest rate.
- Mortgage Discount: Our employees get 1% off the going mortgage rate.
Note: The material on this site is for informational purposes only and is neither an offer of coverage or medical or legal advice. It contains only a partial description of plan or program benefits and does not constitute a contract. Please refer to the Summary Plan Description (SPD) for complete plan details
We believe in you and your future.
To attract the best and brightest talent, we offer something pretty great in return. We start by providing the peace of mind that comes from being a financially-stable and secure company. Then, we foster a collaborative and inclusive workplace where employees have the opportunity to continually grow, learn and develop.
We believe in having fun, rewarding our employees for their contributions and empowering them to make decisions and take action. We advocate for our employees, encourage an open-door policy for any workplace issues and make our decisions based on member needs, not bottom lines.
We offer a pay-for-performance compensation program including bonuses for all employees and a competitive benefits package. But don't take our word for it, see how some of our employees have grown at CUofCO over the years.
Accessibility & Inclusivity
If you require a reasonable accomodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, you may submit your request through one of the methods below. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
Credit Union of Colorado is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
At Credit Union of Colorado, we are here to help. With 18 physical locations in communities throughout Colorado, we take pride in actively contributing to the communities where our members and employees live, work and play.